April 5, 2012

Magnetic Learning and Travel Games

So, I had an idea for something to keep my kids entertained in the car as we travel, that would not be messy! Here is what I came up with....

I just made a shape sorter and race track to see if this would work... but really you can do anything! The kids can learn this way, or just have fun!
The possiblities are endless!

Supplies:
Cut outs of shapes, animals, or whatever else you want (I just printed mine out then cute)
Self-Laminating sheets (to laminate the small pieces)
Small craft magnets for the back of the items
Stove Top burner covers (magnets will stick to these)
Either printed paper & mod podge, or printable magnetic paper for the background (I originally tried the magnetic paper, thinking I could just swap out the background and keep the same stove top burner cover. This DOES work, but I discovered the stove top covers stack sooo well, so it is your choice!)







They stack so well... it won't take up any more room than one, but you can actually have lots!

Look online for ideas... you can use similar ideas as a file folder game... but these seemed to me easier as well as less messy since they magnetize very well!

No comments:

Post a Comment